Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Order! =D

This last 2 weeks has been pretty busy.. I got my first job! I couldn't believe it because it just fell into my lap. I had to make 65 cupcake pops. I didn't realize at the time how much of a job it was going to be.. But it wasn't too terrible =P. I had my mom and my boyfriend helping me because I just didn't think I would finish in time if I did it by myself. So they helped me package them because i'm too much of a perfectionist for them to help me with anything else. I know I shouln't refuse the help but I cant help it, Especially on my first order, They had to be absolutely perfect. They came out pretty good, I wasn't very happy about having to use ice cream sprinkles though. I just don't think that they look as nice as the little round sprinkles do but thats what I was asked for and the customer is always right.. lol =]. The other problem was that I wasn't really prepared. I didn't have enough cake so I had to make more after I shaped 2/3 of the cupcakes and I had to take 2 days molding them. I also ran out of sprinkles at 2:00AM and found at that there is only 1 supermarket open at that time so I had to drive all over the universe to figure that out. I'd say it was a good learning experience though and i'm glad I got the job. =]
If anybody needs anything.. Let me know =P

Waiting to be dipped..



Drying so i could do the tops..



My assembly line..


Finished and waiting to be bagged..


All ready to go..


I got some feedback a few days later.. She said that they were great but she thinks I should make them gigantic. I think it's because I didn't put them on sticks. I'll definitely ask how big they want them to be next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment