Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas Baking Part 1: Rice Krispie Treats

I know this is a little late but I have to post anyway [= because I made a TON of stuff.. I actually spread myself a little thin to do everything that I did.. I had 2 different houses to go to and I wanted to bring an equal amount of desserts to both places but I also had a few things that I wanted to try out.. One thing that I learned from my whole Christmas baking experience is that you should NEVER experiment when you have a lot to do.. EVER! lol.. I need to learn to stop trying to do it all. I always stress myself out because I always over do it. I always do get everything done though.
Anyway the first thing that I made was Rice Krispies treats. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rice Krispies treats! They are super easy to make, delicious and you could make them ahead of time! Whats better than that? Every time I make them I always put drizzled chocolate and sprinkles. If you've never made them because you think they're too messy like I did.. You have to give them a try because they are 100 times better than the premade ones!

To make them you need:

6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
1- 10 ounce bag of marshmallows (I use mini marshmallows because they melt faster)
1/2 stick of butter

In a large pot melt the butter and then add the marshmallows. Keep stirring until they're all melted and then add in the 6 cups of Rice Krispies. Just mix everything together until all the cereal is mixed into the marshmallow.
I usually spray a glass brownie pan with non-stick cooking spray and let them cool in it. It's easier to drizzle the chocolate onto them and make them into bars.

Here's a pic. Unfortunately it's not the best pic because it was taken with my camera phone because my camera battery has been dead for weeks lol


Check back for Christmas Baking Part 2: Oreo Balls.. Coming soon [=

No comments:

Post a Comment