Friday, October 16, 2009

Black Forest Birthday Cake

I was asked a couple of weeks ago to make a black forest cake for a friends birthday. I have to admit that I have never made or eaten black forest cake but I was up for the challenge =].. So i found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and tried it out. I really liked the cherries with the chocolate cake but I wasn't really crazy about the chocolate cake recipe itself.. it was too dry. Unfortunately I had no choice but to send this cake over because I didn't have enough time to start over and make my usual chocolate cake. She said that she really liked it and I'm glad she did but I think if I made the other chocolate cake she would have LOVED it lol.. Ill definitely be experimenting with this!

I decorated with some pearl sprinkles and cherries and the happy birthday was written in dark chocolate.. I didn't have enough time to take any pictures so thank god she took some (Thanks Kris! Your awesome! =P).. Check out the pics..



I

No comments:

Post a Comment